By Ken Abramowitz and Jon Sutz
By abruptly calling off a modest retaliatory military action against Iran, after its military shot down a $240 million U.S. surveillance drone, flying in international waters, on June 19, President Trump displayed a rare act of indecision. Using good instincts and logic, he substituted a cyber-attack on Iranian military sites instead.
The President continues to seek negotiations with Iran, and has repeatedly professed his lack of desire for a physical war with Iran, even though Iran declared war on America 40 years ago, its leaders repeatedly leading public chants of, “Death to America!” vowing to kill all Americans — even during their “negotiations” with President Obama, over its nuclear “deal”:
So how should America confront our number one enemy, Iran? Here are nine steps:
(1) We should finally accept that we are, in fact, in a state of war with Iran, and have been for a very long time — especially since its rulers were determined by the 9/11 Commission and numerous U.S. federal courts to have provided material support to Al Qaeda to perpetrate the 9/11 attacks. Before that, in 1979 Iran kidnapped American embassy personnel in Tehran, and held them hostage for 444 days. Via its proxy, Hezbollah, Iran murdered 241 U.S. military personnel in Beirut, Lebanon in 1983. And Iran has helped to murder more than one thousand American soldiers in the Middle East since 9/11, and even put a $1,000 bounty on the heads of dead U.S. soldiers, as an incentive to other terrorists to murder them. These were all acts of war, to which the U.S. has never responded, militarily. For a detailed background on Iran’s long history of terrorism against the U.S. and its allies, please see this research resource for a special report by SaveTheWest:
(2) We should decide that winning is the only solution.
(3) We should work relentlessly to educate Americans on all pertinent facts concerning this conflict — and why President Obama’s “deal” with the Iranian regime, which its rulers never even signed, was “sold” to us based on lies, and primarily benefited only the IRGC and Hezbollah terrorists.
(4) We should focus on employing non-military tactics, as President Reagan and his predecessors did during the Cold War, to undermine, and ultimately defeat our enemy.
(5) We should be prepared for physical war – as we did in World War 2, and the Cold War.
(6) We should seek regime change for the theo-totalitarian “government” that not only rules Iran, but also the world’s largest global network of terrorists, comprised of the IRGC, Hezbollah, Hamas and untold numbers of supporting groups, spanning territory from the U.S. mainland, Mexico, Central & South America, to Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and beyond.
(7) We should stop the money flow to each of Iran’s worldwide terror operations, by stopping Iran’s inflow of cash. A crucial element of this will be to choke off all remaining forms of business transactions between Iran and our European “allies,” as President Trump is now doing — presenting them with a choice: they can either do business in Iran, or America, but not both. Update, June 24: In reaction to President Trump’s latest round of sanctions, Iran’s parliament erupted in chants of “Death To America!”: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’ – Reuters
(8) We must use all forms of warfare – physical/kinetic, cyber/space, economic, legal and cultural – to destroy Iran’s networks of physical terrorists, narco-terrorists and cultural terrorists throughout the world.
(9) We must expose and discredit any person or organization of influence on U.S. soil who repeats demonstrably false Iranian anti-American propaganda — most recently, Congresswomen Maxine Waters and Ilhan Omar.
Winning the cyber/space war, the economic, legal, cultural and demographic warfare, would make physical war unnecessary. In net, it is time to create a comprehensive, worldwide strategy to crush Iran’s global terrorist networks.
We are facing a very determined enemy, that thinks long-term, understands and exploits our weaknesses, and unlike the USSR, is driven by a messianic global motivations, rendering the MAD (mutually-assured destruction) deterrent irrelevant.
Our governments’ best and the brightest will be tested to create a path to victory.
We trust they will rise to the occasion, and design a winning strategy.